GINGER ROOT TEA
- 2 tablespoons ginger root (fresh, raw, about 2 inches of ginger root)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups watere
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar, to taste)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (juice of 1/2 lime)
- First, prepare the fresh ginger by peeling it and slicing it thinly to maximize the surface area. This will help you make a very flavorful ginger tea.
- Boil the ginger in water for at least 10 minutes. For a stronger and tangier tea, allow to boil for 20 minutes or more, and use more slices of ginger.
- Remove it from the heat and add the lime juice and honey (or agave nectar) to taste and enjoy your ginger tea